#1. Advantages of Breastfeeding to Mother and Baby
- What makes breastmilk the superior infant food?
- How does nursing provide "health insurance" for baby?
- What are the advantages to mother? other family members?
#2. Baby Arrives: The Family and the Breastfed Baby
- How does baby get started breastfeeding?
- How often and how long should baby nurse?
- What is father's role? other children? grandparents?
- How do meals and housework get done with a new baby?
- Is it possible to breastfeed and return to work?
#3. The Art of Breastfeeding and Avoiding Difficulties
- What can be done if mother's milk supply gets low?
- What if baby seems fussy all the time?
- How do other parents handle night time waking?
- Can sore nipples be helped? or prevented?
#4. Nutrition, Starting Solids, and Weaning
- When and how should baby start solid foods?
- What are the best foods to feed a baby? a toddler?
- How can family eating habits be improved?
- When and how do you wean?
Our Leaders work to serve the needs of their local communities and the interests of their members. Groups may have special meetings for mothers with nursing toddlers or meetings where dads are welcome that coincide with Series Meetings, or they may hold Enrichment Meetings on special topics. Additionally, our Areas hold periodic Community Education Workshops to give families an opportunity to connect and expand their breastfeeding knowledge. Each meeting is unique - watch your our pages for special events near you!